Friday, September 05, 2008

Scripture Memory

I have to be totally honest, scripture memory is one of the spiritual disciplines that I have been very convicted of not putting my heart and literally my mind into.  I am very bent towards structure.  Sometimes that can be a good thing, but in the past I have let the structure get in the way, and instead of it being a healthy thing, it becomes un-healthy.  Funny how, if we do not use it we lose it, and that is very clear in the usage of the brain.  I was never a great student, but by God's grace alone, he is allowing me to delight in the Lord and trust in him with all my heart! 

Here are a few verses that I have been focusing on in the last couple of weeks -

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord
And he will grant you the desires of your heart

Psalm 46:10
Be still and know that I am God
I will be exalted among the Nations
I will be exalted in the earth

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the lord with all your heart
and lead not on your own understanding
In all you ways acknowledge him
and he will make your path straight

Proverbs 3:11-12
My son, do not despise the Lords discipline
and do not resent his rebuke
Because the lord disciplines those he loves
As the father, the son he delights in.

The Gospel Changes Everything - 

Kevin

No comments: