Thursday, January 01, 2009

It's a New Year!!


The last couple of weeks are usually a time of reflection for me and my family. Just something about nearing the end of the year and also beginning a new one. My wife and I were having dinner last night a few hours before the ball dropped and were reflecting on the year. I think we summed it up as a trying year for us. From the death of a parent, much uncertainty on my own health and some major financial stress. But as we look back, we have been blessed with a deeper sense of peace than we have ever had. And with that peace is great hope! I have discovered that with trial comes a greater awareness of who we really are and what is really important to us.

That being relationships and more importantly our walk with Christ. Christ provides the framework for us to live our lives. We cannot and do not accomplish anything without his willing it for us. And going along with that, the struggles I mentioned above are more about our growth towards Christ than anything else. It is in times of adversity that we have the greatest growth.

My prayer as I begin a New Year - that I would love God with all my heart, and that I would love those in my life that are hard to love. That Christ would continue to convict me of sin, and that I would run to the cross as I live a lifestyle of repentance!

With great peace and hope -

Kevin

No comments: