Thursday, December 18, 2008

New Newton's



You have to love the smell of new running shoes!!! Yes - I will admit, a bit of an off the wall post, but man these shoes smell good!!! Don't go around thinking that I smell my shoes once I run in them, but fresh out of the box, they are wonderful.

I started wearing Newton running shoes about a year ago. I was a hard sell in the beginning as the price of the shoes are outrageous. But a then client / friend of mine suggested I give them a try and he gave me an introductory price. The shoes promote a bio-mechanical fore-foot push off and also are know to reduce leg fatigue caused by heel-strike running. I found that the shoes really helped my running mechanics and also improved my recovery. I tried to switch back to my staple running shoes 'Asics', but my legs would not have it. Last winter, while I was training for a January marathon I experienced extreme frost bite while running in the Newton's, due to the very light mess upper out-sole of the shoe. This winter the shoe manufacturer came out with an all-terrain version and those are ones in the picture. I am preparing for a February marathon and I confident that I won't freeze off my dogs this winter!

Run Smart -

Kevin

How the Newton's work:

No comments: