Friday, April 14, 2006

The Passion of Christ!

Just returned from a late night ride on my Honda Interceptor. I am fairly new to being on a bike that has an engine. Sometimes it makes me feel guilty that it doesn't require effort. I attened my community of faiths (church) "Coram Deo" ((latin for = In the presence of God)) Good Friday service. A reminder of what injustice and justice was required by God so that I might have eternal life in Jesus Christ. Tonight as we were meditating on the Passion of Christ in the book of Matthew, it was humbling to know what Jesus had to suffer through in order for me to be redeemmed. It makes the little discomforts of life seem so small. It makes the suffering that I subject myself to during my training for triathlons a bit easier to handle. I have often felt that if I am feeling comforable, that is not where Christ wants me. Yes - this is easy to say, but when you are living through some hard times, it makes it hard to grasp. Honestly - the harder more demanding, more painful my training is - the more I like it. Something in me desires to find comfort in discomfort. You could call that my motto. I know that in a very small way, this pain develops my character and brings me closer to Christ.

Thank you Jesus for sacrificing yourself so that I may live! Off to bed as I prepare for a 150 mile road trip (bicycle) tomorrow!

In his Grip -
Kevin

No comments: