Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Megan as a driver



Who said it was time for my teenage daughter to start driving? More proof that our lives are but a dot or a dash between the start date and the end date. So this week we (Megan and I) will embark on a whole new adventure together, another building block in her independence. Do I have to be OK with it? As I tell Meg, I am not that worried about you, it is everybody else that scares me to death :-) I have found memories of being taught to drive by my father. He is the most patient man that I know. I hope to continue that legacy with Megan. I was fortunate to be taught to drive using a manual transmission (stick shift). So my desire is to pass that on to Megan. Through God's grace, I have a brother that has an old truck that we will be using for training that is a stick shift. Meg is not that excited about learning on a manual, but she is so ready to learn, she is all game. We have a weekly driving date set up for Saturday afternoons as I teach her some basics. We will be staring in a parking lot and eventually moving to the streets! I am honestly looking forward to the adventure!

Be on the lookout!

No comments: